About us

Culver City Flute Choir is composed of adult amateur flutists. The conductor, Patty Sikorski, is a freelance musician and private teacher in Culver City, and she has been leading the flute choir for more than twenty years. Culver City is located near Los Angeles, California.

For information about the flute choir or to find out how to contact Patty Sikorski for booking or private lessons, please send an email to CCFC.Info@gmail.com.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Young@Heart"

Flute Choir member Judy asked me to post about a film she watched this week called "Young@Heart." I haven't seen it myself but this 3 minute clip makes me want to!

Here's a quote from Judy:
Last night I watched the DVD called "Young at Heart." It blew me away, watching these people have fun rehearsing and performing - I thought it was timely. They actually performed a song successfully, after months of falling apart in rehearsal.
The reason she was thinking about rehearsals and performance is because we had our dress rehearsal on Monday for tonight's concert, and as usual, at first we were maybe a little too focused on the (minor) things that were going wrong. Hey, things go wrong! We almost always pull off a great concert! And we have fun, too. Good things to think about, Judy!

Anyway, I hope you'll join us for the concert.

Culver City Flute Choir Concert
Tonight at 8:00 p.m. (Free!)
Farragut Elementary School / Cafeteria
10820 Farragut Drive.
Culver City, CA 90230

See you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment