About us

Culver City Flute Choir is composed of adult amateur flutists. The conductor, Patty Sikorski, is a freelance musician and private teacher in Culver City, and she has been leading the flute choir for more than twenty years. Culver City is located near Los Angeles, California.

For information about the flute choir or to find out how to contact Patty Sikorski for booking or private lessons, please send an email to CCFC.Info@gmail.com.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Concert in Long Beach - Tomorrow Night!

My friend Christopher Hundley is a guitarist. He started out as Patrick's friend, and was the guitarist for Patrick's punk band, Magnolia Thunderpussy. He's an amazing guitarist, and a talented classical player too. We've done a little playing together at some teeny tiny little gigs (a wedding, a library luncheon) but it's been a few years. Recently we've been talking about playing again, and have scheduled a rehearsal/get-together for Sunday afternoon.

When I was searching around for the sheet music for Morceau de Concours by Faure, I saw that a version exists for flute and guitar. I found it at Carolyn Nussbaum. Since Chris is coming over this weekend, I called my local music store, Morey's Music, to see if it might be in stock and something I could pick up soon.

It turned out the guy I spoke to, Michael, is a guitarist who plays (quite a bit, judging by their website!) with a flutist here in Long Beach. Pretty cool. Morey's didn't have the piece I wanted, but Michael told me about a concert tomorrow night in Long Beach that I think Patrick and I will go check out.

(Funny: while Michael and I were talking, he asked if I'm a flutist or a guitarist. I said flutist. He asked who I play with, and I told him Chris's name. He said that he had heard of him. I wonder if they know each other from USC, or if Michael is an MTP fan?)

The performers are a flute and guitar duo from Scotland. I think they just call themselves "Flute & Guitar Duo"? Simple! Anyway, you can check them out here http://www.fluteguitarduo.com/.

The concert will be at St. Luke's Espicopal Church, which is located near the corner of 7th and Atlantic, in Long Beach. Tickets are $10. Maybe we'll see you there.

Oh, and I just ordered the Faure, but I think maybe tomorrow I'll see what else is going on, sheet music-wise, at Morey's. Now I'm curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment