About us

Culver City Flute Choir is composed of adult amateur flutists. The conductor, Patty Sikorski, is a freelance musician and private teacher in Culver City, and she has been leading the flute choir for more than twenty years. Culver City is located near Los Angeles, California.

For information about the flute choir or to find out how to contact Patty Sikorski for booking or private lessons, please send an email to CCFC.Info@gmail.com.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Upcoming flute stuff

Sir James Galway at Colburn on October 11th

The legendary "man with the golden flute" Sir James Galway will be hosting a day of master classes, coachings, Q&A sessions, and more in Colburn's Zipper Hall on Monday, October 11th. His wife, Lady Jeanne Galway, will also be hosting masterclasses for younger students (age 10-16). Please visit the Colburn School's website to learn more (including fees and registration information) about this amazing opportunity.
 
...
 
The Los Angeles Philharmonic has been having free concerts and events that don't appear to be all that well advertised ahead of time. This morning on KPCC I learned of a free concert tonight (yes, tonight) at the Cerritos Performing Arts Center, and sometime last month I received an email at work about a free concert this Saturday. I've already got my tickets for Saturday, and will be attempting to get in line at 6 p.m. tonight for stand-by tickets for tonight - it means leaving work early and fighting traffic, but they're playing Rossini, and I love Rossini! It's going to be cool to see the LA Phil for free, and though the Saturday concert is advertised as a concert for kids, I still think it's going to be a good time. And I'm taking my friend Sarah, who hasn't yet been to Disney Hall!
 
KPCC also mentioned a free concert at MacArthur Park but I haven't seen any information about that one, yet. If you have, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment