About us

Culver City Flute Choir is composed of adult amateur flutists. The conductor, Patty Sikorski, is a freelance musician and private teacher in Culver City, and she has been leading the flute choir for more than twenty years. Culver City is located near Los Angeles, California.

For information about the flute choir or to find out how to contact Patty Sikorski for booking or private lessons, please send an email to CCFC.Info@gmail.com.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Le Tombeau de Couperin (Menuet)

We're playing an arrangment of this for flute choir. It was originally composed for piano. I like this orchestral version:



In flute choir, the piccolo gets most of the oboe's line. It's really pretty - the whole thing is beautiful. The first night we played it, I was having trouble hearing it and understanding what I was hearing. I really thought I was in the wrong key. It could be that I was out of tune. I need to play my piccolo more! Last night we worked on pitch and being in tune; I think we're getting there. I hope people weren't getting bored, because it is so hard to play when we're out of tune, and it's really important to work on it.
I'm looking forward to working on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment